No other carrier has the saturation and number of direct service points to serve Central and South Alberta like we do. Overnight and same-day LTL (Less Than Truckload) are the core services of our company and have been since 1969. In recent years we have also added 2 levels of time critical service in response to our customer changing requirements.
We take a very personalized approach to serving the daily requirements of over 450 Alberta communities and more recently, Southwest Sakatchewan (south of highway 16). Our “local service, local relationships” approach is one of the many things that sets us apart from any other transportation provider. The H-9 team member that serves the area is from the area...it truly makes a difference!
Our equipment has also evolved to suit the varied needs of our customers. Whether you need a ½ ton truck for a 10 lb carton; a straight truck with tailgate for pallet shipments; or a tractor/trailer unit for a 40,000 lb load; you can rest easy when you place your trust in Hi-Way 9. Our equipment list is extensive and features:
- Late model single and tandem axle tractors
- Straight trucks, enclosed vans (24' lift gate equipped) 1/2 and 1 ton truck units
- A combination of air ride, hi-cube, refrigerated and lift gate vans that range from pups (28-34' vans) to full size 48 and 53' dry vans
We Have Three Core Service Offerings:
- Daily overnight services to and from Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer, to customers in Central/Southern Alberta
- By creating a Hub and Spoke system, we can deliver to any of our major Points of Service by 8:00 a.m.
- We track and record on time arrival times each day to ensure consistency and a high quality of customer service
- We provide scheduled same-day delivery from Edmonton and Calgary to select centres in Central and South Alberta
- We schedule the type of equipment that best suits the requirements for the job including temperature controlled and tailgate service
- Time Critical 1 - This is our load and go service. You call and we dispatch a dedicated truck that picks up your shipment and delivers it, without delay, to the destination specified
- Time Critical 2 - You call and communicate the expected delivery time. We re-assign our priorities to integrate the shipment into one of our scheduled departures. We deliver at the expected time at a significant savings